Such a simple question...
Why do I run? On the surface it is such a simple question when asked by friends, family or ourselves. But the answers can take many words to do it justice. And the answer is different from runner to runner - which is why it makes interesting to keep finding the reasons why runners run. Here are more links to enjoy:
- Michelle tacked the Why I Run question this week and did a great job of answering. I can't do justice to her post in a few sentences, so go there and read it for yourself. The title said the most - Running Completes Me. And my favorite quote, "It's a gift to me. And I take it."
- Kelsey shares her reasons why she runs. She thought of the list on her last run. The reasons range from finding a cure for cancer to eating.
- Eyes Wide Open does a great job taking us through the layers of why run. The conclusion, "Overall I just feel better. I guess thats why I put up with the pain and effort some days- the pay off is worth it to me."
- Trevor gives a wonderful list of reasons why he runs. I couldn't pick just one and do the list justice. If you want to feel the peace running can give a person, go read his post.
- HJ has a great post on why he runs. A must read! My favorite quote, "Running is like doing the dishes. It is a finite activity that you can do on your own, at your own pace, and feel a sense of accomplishment when you are done. "
- Jen has a twist on the question and answers with a Top 10 list of why she runs at night.