Why Do You Run?
Have you ever noticed there isn't a shortage of reasons of why we run? Or runners writing about why they run? Here are a few more links to check out and enjoy:
- Ongster recently jotted down the reasons for running on the blog, For the Love of Running. They include: "I run because I like running. I run because it enables me to go to last minute hiking trips whenever an opportunity arises. I run because I like traveling and remaining mobile even when I retire. I run because I enjoy the company of other runners. I run because it makes me feel fitter. I run because I like the idea of going different places to participate in a race."
- Jason Michael Douglas recently wrote down the reasons he runs. And then pointed out a very logical fact, "every action has a least one reason." Here are some of his:
- I run to get in shape
- I run to get to the finish line
- I run to prove to myself that I can
- I run because others cannot
- I run to get away from you, from myself, from everything
- I run to clear my mind (though it has yet to work)
- I run to separate myself from my past