What's Happening in the Lounge
This week's topic is: Half Marathon Training.
You can find information on this week's topic by:
- Stopping by the Know How section in the Race Distances/Longe Distances.
- Searching for runners to "connect with me" on the topic of Half Marathons. So far, almost 200 runners have selected "Half Marathon" as a "connect with me" topic. If any of these categories are on your list, do a search (and narrow down the list by using any/all of the 12 demographic filters) and connect with other runners who share your interests. And don't forget to upate your profile and choose your "connect with me" categories.
- Checking out Lounge Groups too! Have a spring half marathon planned - join us in the "Think Spring Half Marathon Challenge".
Because so many of you have offered your help and support to the Lounge over the last year, it only makes sense that we make it even easier to help you help us grow this great running community. Here are some ways you can help the Lounge community:
- NEW! Join a running team! In February and March we are launching community wide running teams around ne runners, half marathoners, marathoners, and boston and beyond runners (for experienced marathoners). We are looking for enthusiastic runners to help build resources, podcasts, video tips, and support each other. If you are looking for a way to get or give support, check out this week's post for more details or go to the forum and let us know your ideas.
- HELP! Got great posts? If you have any articles, posts, tips, etc that you would like to share with the Lounge, would you take a minute to drop them off in the Know How section. Or email us with the information you would like to contribute/republish in the Know How section. We will add it to the "Lounge library" with a link and credit back to you.
- UPDATE! Send in your submission to the Runners' Lounge book! We are so excited about the response so far with many runners letting us know they will be contributing to the book and more than 20 submissions already received. Check out the original post or forum for more information.
New for 2009, we are taking on a new topic each week. You can follow along with what's happening by stopping by the What's Happening in the Lounge forum. We keep it updated with what we are talking about each week and a preview of next week's topic. If you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to drop them off in that forum as well.
Next Week's Topic: Marathon Training