One Year!?! Really? Wow!
This week marks the first year in the Lounge! In many ways it seems like yesterday we were launching the Lounge and hoping that someone would join us. And now a year later, we feel excited and lucky to have 950 runners in the Lounge.
After a year of building, we finally feel like we have all the basics in place. Using the analogy of building a physical "Lounge", the walls are up and painted, all the plumbing and electricity is in, even the cabinets and applicances are in and we have been using them. And now, we are ready to make this Lounge really come to life.
It is our mission and passion to connect runners with runners and runners to running stuff. We know that runners run better when they are supported in mind, spirit and body and the best support comes from other runners. And that is where you come in. We would love your ideas, your help, and your involvement. If you also believe in our mission to connect and support runners, there are so many ways to join in. Here are a few ways:
- Tell us what you like and what you don't. Drop us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and let us know what you like in the Lounge, what you would like to see, and what you would like changed. We love feedback - good and bad. We especially want to know if something is working the way you hoped. And ideas? We love 'em and always need 'em.
- Get published. We know running information and articles are in high demand from runners. We have collected 100's of articles, tips and blog posts on various running topics and added them to the Know How section. But it isn't good enough. We want more. We want the Know How section bursting at the seams with YOUR tips, articles and blog posts. Let us know about great posts or running tips so we can republish it. You get published and runners learn from you. Everyone wins!
- Share your story. Runners can always use motivation which is why we created the Inspirational Story section. As you finish your races, meet your goals, or work in your running community, don't forget to share your story with other runners.
- Tell your friends. The Lounge is for all runners. From beginners to veterans and every type in between, every runners is welcome and invited to the Lounge. If you haven't joined, please do. If you have joined and like what you see, tell your friends, your running group/club, your race director, etc. We would like a million runners in the Lounge and know the right way to add them is by you spreading the word.
- Put your talents to work around your passion for running. Tom and I are alot like you. We love running but also have full time lives outside of our own running and the Lounge. We have a long list of ideas for the Lounge, but find that can't always fit them into our days. If you have a talent that you would like to put to work in the Lounge to help build the community, let us know. We turn down no volunteer efforts.
- Reach out to runners in the Lounge. The runners in the Lounge joined to connect with runners. Each time you visit, stop by the profile of someone you don't know already. Use the advanced search features to find a runner who shares your goals or interests. Or go the Blog Showcase and find a blog you haven't read and add them to your reading list. Start a Lounge Group and invite runners to join you. Get connected!
Amy & Tom