Runners' Lounge is Now Open!
Runners' Lounge, the online community for all runners is now open! To say the least, we have goosebumps on our goosebumps.
As we prepared to move the site over to its birthname of www.runnerslounge.com, we couldn't believe that our idea for a small simple profile evolved into something so much more. There are a lot of really cool things to do in the site, here are a few of our favorite things to try:
- The profiles are full of information! Instead of searching lists of random blogs and wondering if you should visit, you can learn about the person behind the blog.
- Build your own Lounge Groups. Any runner can start a group and invite others or leave it open for other like-minded runners to join. Lounge Groups have their own space for forums.
- Search for blogs. We know how much we love to find/read new blogs, so we built a spot for you to share your blog link/name as well as have it feed your most recent posts. So now you can be found, read, and admired by others at Runners' Lounge in addition to your blog site. Your fans will love you for it!
- Check out the "know-how" section. You can add advice, rate advice, or take advice—whatever you're in the mood for! And the part that we think is really cool...all that great advice you give also stores right into your profile. And the great advice, quotes, video clips, from others you don't want to lose—you can save it to your "Notebook" section of your profile with just a click.
- Running Resources is an online running notebook, aka all your favorites meet-wikipedia-meet-advice tool. Anyone can add/edit resources and add advice/feedback. We are especially excited about the events section. Loungers will be able to add any event and provide feedback on any event. Finally a place where you can get running stories from that events as well as hear about the good/bad parts of the event/course.
Come on in, hang out a while and enjoy your Runners' Lounge! We are done building "Phase 1" of the Lounge (we'll be working Phase 2 with your input) and now it needs to get that "lived in" feel. We would love if you would add your profile, drop off some advice, start a discussion, and maybe even start your own group.
Also, there's a section called "Pass it Along" that makes it easy for anyone to spread the word about Runners' Lounge. You can pass it along to your BRF's, local running friends, club leaders—literally to friends across the country and world—to anyone who has a passion for running! We would be grateful if you could pass it along through your blog posts or mention it while you are chatting in Forums.
To show our appreciation, when you mention the Runners' Lounge community in your blog or are one of the first 250 Loungers to join, you will receive an exquisite "I AM A RUNNER" bracelet. Okay, they are not gold or filled with diamonds, but we have personally filled them with good karma/luck and make wonderful companions during your training runs or races. (To redeem, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your mailing address.)
And of course, we're looking forward to your feedback. Let us know what you like and what suggestions you have. You know you can always find us here, but can also e-mail us directly.
Thank you for helping us build this on-line running community. It was your blogs, your personalities, and your posts that helped shape Runners' Lounge.
Tom & Amy